The Los Angeles Community Garden Council (LACGC) partners with 40 community gardens in LA County to take care of the business side of gardening and give you more time to get dirty in the garden! We also offer gardening advice and workshops to more than 125 community gardens in LA County. Our gardens include:
Traditional community gardens where people rent a plot to grow their own fresh produce
Educational gardens where we teach gardening, landscaping, nutrition and cooking
Urban farms where volunteers grow vegetables for local markets and people in need
The Board of the Los Angeles Community Garden Council invites you to celebrate community gardening, Earth Day weekend, and Shakespeare’s birthday at a private home in South Pasadena
• Relax in the beautiful garden enjoying the music, appetizers, and drinks
• Meet other supporters of community gardens in Los Angeles County
• Tour the new South Pasadena Community Garden
• Learn more about the work of the Los Angeles Community Garden Council
• Support low-income families who want to grow their own food locally
• Bring your family — children can attend for free!
The South Pasadena Community Garden is just across the street from the home hosting the reception, and this is a kid-friendly event. South Pasadena Councilmember Diane Mahmud will be joining us.
To learn more about tickets and reservations, click HERE