AIA|LA & LAUSD: Workshop on Work-Based Learning, Internships & Job-Shadowing
Thursday, March 28 (4:30pm – 6:30pm)
ZGF ARCHITECTS LLP
515 South Flower Street, Suite 3700
Los Angeles, CA 90071
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: This workshop will serve as a forum to understand the continuum of work-based learning experiences, to understand the importance of internships for students, and to develop partnerships between Career Technical Education teachers and architects & engineers to ensure a more inclusive pathway to the architecture profession.
Participants will learn more about the Work-Based Learning Continuum and the importance of internships, as well as, the logistics of offering internships to LAUSD students.
We will also create an ‘asset map’ to better understand the partnerships and internship programs that various architecture firms are already administering.
• To review the ‘asset map’ so everyone has an understanding of partnerships already happening
• To present an overview of the best practices around the work-based learning continuum, internships and how firms and professional architects and engineers can best interact with pathways for student engagement and success.
• Based on mapping the geo-location of firms and schools, introduce firms to CTE teachers nearby.
• To solicit at least 20+ architecture firms to offer internships to LAUSD students for summer of 2019.
TO DO LIST:
• To create an asset map, asking all the firms to submit, ahead of the meeting, which schools they are already partnered with and what kind of work they do with these schools.
• To create a Google Map pinning the architecture/engineering pathways we have (from the map Seema created at our first meeting) and also pinning the architecture/engineering firms willing to partner.
View More Information Here